Cars From Every Era Filled The Westwood Mall Parking Lot for the Marquette Township “Catch the Vision” Car Show & Cruise
Written by Lauren Bareiss on June 16, 2018
Marquette, MI – June 16, 2018 – Marquette Township’s “Catch the Vision” Car Show and Cruise returned for its ninth year on Saturday, and it was a clear hit! Tons of people showed up to see all the classic cars, win some prizes, and have a great time. Major Discount was on the scene to tell you about all the excitement.
The Major had numerous guests on the air, and they were all eager to tell listeners about the day’s events. Today’s Car Show started around 11am as the Westwood Mall parking lot filled up with classic and modern vehicles. Visitors walked down the lines of cars checking out vehicles from every era right there next to Appleebee’s! This year saw the return of a fan favorite, “Rev it Up”. All of the participants let loose and floored their gas pedals! The owner of the vehicle with the best “scream” won one of the numerous prizes that were given away during the afternoon.
Following “Rev It Up”, Mike from Crossroads Truck Repair set up his large wrecker as an anchor for vehicles during “The Burn Out”. One by one vehicles rolling into the spot and chained up their vehicles to the wrecker. Putting the pedal to the floor, each contestant, including the station’s own WRUP Van, spun their tires and let the smoke fill the air! Everyone had an impressive display but only one could be the winner of 2 brand new tires from Pomp’s Tire!
There were many fun door prizes donated by local businesses including Pomp’s Tire, Super One, and Great Lakes Radio! Spectators and participants enjoyed delicious brats from Smokehouse Glenn and Mama Russo’s and cooled off with some Willy Nilly’s Frozen Treats!
Find out more about Marquette Township by checking out their website, plus look for information on the 10th Annual “Catch the Vision” Car Show and Cruise! To see photos from last year, click here.
Special thanks to all of the participating sponsors: Marquette Charter Township, Great Lakes Radio, Westwood Mall, Applebee’s, Crossroad’s Truck Repair, Pomp’s Tire, Mama Russo’s, Smokehouse Glenn, New Attitudes Dance Studio, Willy Nilly’s Good and Chilly Frozen Treats, and Super One Foods of Marquette.
Listen to audio from the live broadcast below:
- Major Discount says hello from the Catch the Vision Car Show
- The Major is joined by one of the participants
- Come on down to the Applebee’s parking lot to see the classic cars
- Major Discount tells you why you should check out the Car Show
- The Major tells you about the trucks being used for the burnout competition
- Grab some food from Applebee’s while you’re looking at all the cool cars
- Major Discount talks with a Salvation Army representative
- The Major and Alex Baysore talk about some of their favorite cars at the event
- Major Discount says farewell from the Catch the Vision Car Show